SAHI launched the ‘Gift a Ear Project’ in May 2006. This project sought to raise financial assistance for Cochlear Implant and BAHA surgeries for patients with severe to profound sensorineural hearing loss. The cost of the Cochlear Implant surgery, which has to be imported is expensive. Without financial aid, this state-of-the-art surgery would be beyond the reach of the common man.
The Gift a Ear Project is aimed at identifying donors who are willing to partially or completely sponsor the cost of the implant or surgery or hearing aids and help SAHI take care of these children. The rest of the finances will be bridged through funds raised from SAHI members and other donor agencies. SAHI regularly updates sponsors regarding the development and the progress of the children that benefitted from their support.
To date, almost 250 children received Cochlear Implant surgeries from SAHI through this programme.
Donate now and let all hear
- Bank name : ANDHRA BANK
- Branch code : 1075
- Bank Address : Apollo Hospital Branch, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. 500033
- Beneficiary name : Society to Aid the Hearing Impaired (SAHI)
- IBAN : SAHI does not have international bank account number.
- Account Number : 107511011000499
- The account number given here is the international bank account number for Andhra Bank – 36153818
- All donations are eligible for income tax rebate under section 80G.
- SAHI is also registered under FCRA and eligible to receive foreign funds.